The goal of Musculoskeletal (MSK) Physiotherapy is to diagnose and treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions and help improve your movement and function. MSK physiotherapy uses a number of techniques and strategies that can help reduce pain, improve your range of motion and can help you attain a better quality of life. A musculoskeletal physiotherapist will take you through exercises and movements that can help with any kind of pain or injury that you might be experiencing in your joints, ligaments, nerves, muscle tissues or tendons. Musculoskeletal injuries usually occur because of suddenly lifting a heavy object, sitting or walking in the wrong posture for a sustained amount of time, if a part of your body keeps experiencing repetitive strain or pressure, because of direct injury to any part of your body because of blunt force or if you’ve engaged in activities such as sports or extensive gyming and strained your musculoskeletal system.
Who can benefit from Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy?
Following are the conditions that MSK physiotherapy can help with:
- Back Pain Or Neck Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- A Sports Injury Or Work-Related Injury
- Knee Or Hip Replacements
What Does MSK Physiotherapy Treatment Involve?
A musculoskeletal physiotherapist could use a variety of techniques and methods that can help reduce the pain and ensure a speedy recovery. Some of the treatments that the physiotherapist might undertake include the following:
- Using anesthetic or anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce pain in affected areas
- Muscle stretching and strengthening through a wide range of exercises
- Acupuncture or Acupressure
- Chiropractic care
- Therapeutic massage
- Relaxation techniques
- Manual therapy to improve mobility
- Advice on pain management and coping strategies
- A guidance plan to do exercises at home
What Are The Top 8 Benefits of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy?
Benefits of MSK physiotherapy are not just limited to providing pain relief. MSK physiotherapy can help with issues with your back, neck or other areas of the body. It can help diagnose causes of the pain and can help prevent it from happening in the future.
Here’s how Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy can help:
- Effective Diagnosis & Prevention – Like mentioned earlier, MSK physiotherapy helps with the pain because of musculoskeletal issues in a very systematic way. The physiotherapy will diagnose the cause of the pain or identify the issues and injury and then work with you to help treat the same. The physiotherapist will also offer advice, suggestions and recommendations that can avoid such issues occurring in the future.
- Improve Your Strength – Through musculoskeletal physiotherapy, you can improve strength, endurance, tolerance and your overall fitness through a wide range of exercises and therapies that the physiotherapist will use.
- Enhances Your Mobility & Range of Motion – MSK Physiotherapy includes treatments and techniques such as manipulation, mobilization, stretching, massage and exercises. All these can help improve your mobility and your range of motion. It can improve your day to day functioning and can improve your quality of life.
- Improved Coordination – MSK physiotherapy ensures that you learn and relearn the correct postures required for your body, along with recognizing faulty spinal movements. The physiotherapist will teach you exercises that will improve your coordination, balance and posture.
- Will Improve Your Physical Fitness – Through MSK physiotherapy, it is possible to improve your overall fitness. The physiotherapist will take you through simple and effective exercises that will enhance your strength, stamina and flexibility. MSK physiotherapy can help you lead a fit and healthy lifestyle in the long run.
- Useful For Sports Athletes – Because musculoskeletal physiotherapy helps with enhancing muscle strength and flexibility, it can prove to be very useful and helpful for athletes who are involved in rigorous sports activities and exercises.
- Can Help with A Variety of Issues – MSK physiotherapy can help with a range of conditions – no matter how severe or not severe they are. Right from poor posture and strain to injuries, displacement of discs and arthritis, MSK physiotherapy can help improve all these conditions and more.
- Improves Quality of Life – You may ignore your back pain or stiffness which occurs because of you sitting in the same position for a long number of hours. However, through simple exercises that are a part of Musculoskeletal physiotherapy, you can solve this issue and alleviate the pain that you experience on a day to day basis.
Over and above this, some other benefits of MSK physiotherapy are as follows:
- It helps you regain treatment over your bodily movements
- It offers the best strategies to manage your injury or condition
- Physiotherapy can ensure speedy and effective recovery of your injury or condition
- It ensures that you return to your daily activities quickly
What Will Your First Physiotherapy Appointment Be Like?
When you visit a physiotherapist, they’ll first take your medical history and ask you about your medical condition, your lifestyle, routine, medication and work environment. They will also ask you about symptoms you’ve had and what you think triggers them. Post this, they’ll take a detailed physical examination to understand your condition. They may also undertake a neurological assessment if required. Once the physiotherapist has understood your condition, they will tell you about the recommended treatment and will warn you about any potential risks. This is the time for you to raise any questions or concerns that you might have. It’s important for you to be on the same page with your physiotherapy before you proceed with the treatment and therapy.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy at Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
While you may realize the importance of physiotherapy and how it can benefit you, visiting a hospital, clinic or physiotherapy center may feel like a hassle and task. You may feel discouraged to go to your physiotherapy appointments regularly if you have to spend several hours in traffic or if you have to wait in queues for your appointment. Moreover, if you are not fit enough to go to the appointment on your own, you might have to depend on a family member for the same. With the option of physiotherapy at home, all these hassles can be avoided. Through home physiotherapy, an experienced and qualified physiotherapist can visit you at home and can offer the treatment and therapy that you need.
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that strives to provide high-quality and comprehensive care through prompt and reliable services. It has a team of highly competent & DHA licensed doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and medical experts who offer their services 24*7, 365 days anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai. FRH offers the service of home physiotherapy in Dubai wherein we provide in-home physiotherapy at your home, office or hotel based on your convenience. The Physiotherapy team at FRH is highly trained, experienced, qualified and licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. The physiotherapist will ensure that you are most comfortable during the course of your treatment and will offer a plan based on your needs and requirements.
FRH Offers Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment For:
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Ankle pain
- Elbow pain
- Wrist pain
- Ankle sprain
- Shoulder Instability
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle spasm
Why Should You Get Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment in Dubai From FRH:
- Flexible Appointments: We can visit you at a time that suits you best. You can book an appointment with us any time since our services are available 24*7,365 days a year, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Quick Services: We make sure we reach you within 30 minutes after you book an appointment with us.
- Locations Covered: Entire Emirate of Dubai
- Place of Your Convenience: We can visit you at your home, hotel or office
- Customized Services – We tweak our services based on what you need. Our treatment is customized to ensure that it suits your expectations and requirements.
- One-on-One Attention – Our physiotherapists make sure that they give you their undivided time and attention. They will ensure that you are comfortable and are receiving the treatment best suited for you.
- Communicated Recovery Process – We ensure that we keep you and your family members up to date with your recovery progress.
- Relationship based Therapy – Our team of physiotherapists are compassionate and dedicated and they focus on building a rapport with you that can speed up the process of your recovery.
- In the Privacy & Comfort of Your Own Home – Your home is the place that you are most comfortable at. Getting your physiotherapy treatment at home can help you feel relaxed, plus you can be in the presence of your family who can offer moral support.
Our Physiotherapy Programme can be a combination of the following, based on what the physiotherapist thinks is the best for you:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
If you know someone who can benefit from musculoskeletal physiotherapy, you should immediately seek out the advice and guidance of a doctor.
If you wish to avail musculoskeletal physiotherapy services at home in Dubai, all you need to do is call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/