Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. It is one of those conditions that affect both men and women. In the least few decades, the cases of heart ailments have increased exponentially. According to studies, it accounted for one-third of deaths in 2019.
In Dubai, the health situation related to heart and cardiovascular diseases isn’t any different. As per health experts, heart ailments are on the rise in Dubai as well. Besides, the age group of those affected is getting down to 30-40 years. Moreover, according to a health survey, approximately 71% of UAE residents suffer from a minimum of one major risk factor associated with heart ailments. It is frightening to say the least. But at the same time, it gives you the opportunity to gauge your fitness and how healthy is your heart.
As the heart is one of the important organs of the human body, it is essential to take care of it. Adopting and embracing healthy lifestyle strategies, eating habits and engaging in physical activities are some of the best ways to prevent heart ailments. This blog aims to give you a quick overview of heart diseases prevalent today and how can you prevent them.
Heart Ailment Types
Coronary heart disease or coronary artery disease is one of the most common types of heart-related ailments. This condition occurs in men and women when blood flow to hearts muscle is limited. One of the main reasons this happens is due to growing plaque in coronary artery walls.
Arrhythmia is another condition where the heart beats either too fast or too slow. The irregular beats impede the normal pumping action of the heart. It is similar to skipping a beat sometimes. You should call up doctor at home in Dubai if you feel anything like this as soon as possible.
Heart failure happens when the organ is unable to perform the function of taking blood and oxygen to different parts of the body.
- High blood pressure is one of the risk factors that can cause heart ailments. As an adult, you must keep a tab on high blood pressure regularly. Also, make necessary lifestyle changes to keep the HBP levels under control.
- Obesity or excess weight increases the chance of getting heart-related diseases. As it is related to other diseases like high BP, cholesterol, diabetes etc obesity can cause heart failure and other conditions. Therefore, maintaining a healthy weight is essential to prevent heart diseases.
- Regular exercise can help you in improving blood circulation and strengthen your heart as well. Plus, it helps in reducing weight. It has many benefits like controlling blood pressure levels and diabetes.
- You can prevent heart disease by eating well. Avoid saturated fats and instead, add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. It directly helps in reducing blood pressure and sugar levels too. Thus, maintaining a balanced diet comprising of essential nutrients is helpful.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking habits as they can be dangerous for your body. Quitting will help your body improve fitness and attain better health. You should avoid stress as it directly impacts your body functions.
If you have heart-related problems or symptoms, use doctor on call service available at First Response Healthcare. Also, we provide health checkup in Dubai. For more details, visit www.firstresponse.ae.