If you’re in pain or are unable to function to the best of your capabilities because of an injury, disability or illness, physiotherapy can help you feel better and can help you live independently despite the injury or disability. Physiotherapy entails exercises to manage pain, manual therapy, guidance and education, all of which can speed up and smoothen your recovery. Physiotherapy follows a holistic approach wherein it takes into consideration the whole person and their overall health, wellbeing and their lifestyle. Physiotherapy empowers you to take care of yourself through education, guidance and active participation.
Through physiotherapy, it is possible to manage pain, recover from chronic conditions such as back pain, return to your normal level of functioning post surgery and manage illnesses like Asthma. Physiotherapy can help address a range of problems including orthopedic, cardiac, and neurological problems. Physiotherapy can prove to be beneficial for people from all groups, right from newborn babies to elderly individuals.
Who Can Benefit From Home Care Physiotherapy?
Home Care Physiotherapy can prove to be very helpful if you have the following conditions:
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s.
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis.
- Cardiovascular conditions such as chronic heart disease or rehabilitation after a heart attack.
- Respiratory issues such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, etc.
People who have chronic joint or muscle pain can also benefit from regular home care physiotherapy. The physiotherapist will not just guide you through exercises for pain management but will also use tools and techniques such as Ultrasound, TENS/IFT to help with the pain and discomfort. In case you’re facing difficulty with walking, the physiotherapist will take you through a range of motion exercises to improve your flexibility by helping loosen your stiff joints and muscles. In case you’re in pain because of weakness in your joints, the physiotherapist will take you through strengthening exercises that will not just help with the pain but will also increase your strength in the long run.
How Does Home Care Physiotherapy Work?
One of the first things that the physiotherapist will do is conduct a detailed assessment of your condition. You might be required to go through a physical exam and evaluation. Along with this, the physiotherapist will take your health history, make you undergo some tests and will evaluate your posture, movement, flexibility and the overall performance of your muscles and joints. Once this is done, your physiotherapist will offer you a diagnosis and explain what your condition is and where the work needs to be put in. Along with this, the physiotherapist will give you a care plan along with short term and long term goals. As part of home care physiotherapy, in case you have any questions, doubts or concerns, feel free to speak to your physiotherapist about it. Post this, the physiotherapy will fix the number of sessions you will need in a week and you will have to attend your sessions regularly and sincerely for better results.
Here are a few tip to keep in mind for your home care physiotherapy session at home:
- In your home, choose a space that is spacious, well ventilated, and where you feel most comfortable. If possible, make some space for some equipment that the physiotherapist might bring.
- During the home care physiotherapy session, wear clothes that you feel most comfortable in and clothes that do not restrict your movement.
- Tell your physiotherapist about your areas of pain and be honest about what your expectations and requirements are.
- Inform your physiotherapist about details such as when you started facing difficulty or experiencing pain, what is the nature of the pain, what eases the pain and so on.
- Take time to understand what the exercises are. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have or ask the physiotherapist to repeat and show the exercises to you till you are clear about the posture and movement.
Why Home Care Physiotherapy Is Better
Following are the reasons for why home care physiotherapy is a better option than physiotherapy at a hospital, clinic or at physiotherapy center:
- Cost Effective – Physiotherapy at home is cheaper because you save the travel costs involved in traveling between your home and the physiotherapy center or hospital for frequent sessions. In case your condition is severe, then you might require an ambulance to take you to the therapy sessions and that can prove to be even more expensive.
- Saves Time – You can save a lot of time if you opt for home care physiotherapy since you do not have to commute through the traffic or wait in queues at the physiotherapy center. In home care physiotherapy, the physiotherapist shows up right at your doorstep at a time chosen by you.
- Allows For Supervision – Undergoing physiotherapy treatment at home can ensure that your family members and loved ones get to witness the progress that you are making. They can keep track of your treatment process and can ensure that you are getting the best treatment possible.
- In The Comfort Of Your Home – Home is where you feel safest, most comfortable and what better spot for physiotherapy than your own house. Choosing home care physiotherapy can make you feel more relaxed during the treatment process. It can boost your morale and can speed your recovery.
- Personalized Treatment – Availing physiotherapy treatment at home gives you more time with your physiotherapist to discuss your problems and issues in detail. Moreover, because they see you in your own surroundings at your home, it is possible for them to customize and personalize the home care physiotherapy treatment process accordingly.
- Safer for High Risk Patients – Given the pandemic, people who are at a high risk of being infected by COVID-19, for them physiotherapy at home is the best option. Even people who have a disability or a severe illness, can choose to avail home care physiotherapy.
- Involvement of Family Members – Because the physiotherapist visits your home, the appointment acts as an opportunity for him/her to interact with your family. This can be useful because the physiotherapist can guide the family members on what exercises they can make you do outside of the physiotherapy sessions or what posture to keep reminding you about, for better recovery, etc. Inputs like these can help you and your family work together to the path of recovery.
Helps Regain Independence – Home Care Physiotherapy can help you get back to your normal routine because your physiotherapist guides and shows you ways of how you can use your home and the things in it to speed your recovery. For example, the physiotherapist may show you how to use the stairs or a certain chair for your benefit in your home.
Home Care Physiotherapy In Dubai By First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that offers a range of healthcare services right at your doorstep. FRH offers home physiotherapy services that ensure continuity of care. FRH offers a wide range of physiotherapy treatments, right from all acute, sub-acute or chronic illnesses of the nervous, muscular or skeletal and musculo-skeletal systems, which include sports injuries, orthopedic, neurological and respiratory conditions. The physiotherapy services are delivered by experienced and some of the best physiotherapists, who are trained to provide treatment and assessment for various conditions including stroke, heart failure, parkinson’s disease, among others.
FRH has received the Gold Seal of Approval for meeting the Joint Commission International Standards for its services. It has a team of highly competent & DHA licensed doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and medical experts, who offer their services 24*7, 365 days a year. The FRH team makes sure to provide kind and compassionate medical attention to all their patients, and prioritizes their comfort and convenience. You can avail their ‘Physiotherapy on Call,’ wherein they provide in-home physiotherapy at a place of your choice, located anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai. FRH can provide its services at your home, hotel or office based on your preference and convenience.
Here’s What Makes FRH Stand Out:
- Flexible Appointments: We adapt to your schedule and you can book an appointment with us 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Fastest Delivery of Services: We can reach your home, hotel or office within 30* minutes after you book an appointment.
- We come to you, anywhere; We cover the entire Emirate of Dubai and can come to you at a location of your choice.
- You get to choose a place of your convenience: Our team can come to you wherever you are, and can offer physiotherapy services at your home, hotel or office.
- Customized Services – Their services are planned keeping in mind your comfort and convenience.
- One-on-One Attention – They take the time to listen and understand your needs, requirements and expectations before proceeding with the treatment process.
- In the Privacy & Comfort of Your Own Home – There’s no need for you to go anywhere, since their team comes to you, thus prioritizing your safety and convenience.
- Communicated Recovery Process – They make sure to update you with Regular Progress Reports to keep you abreast with your improvement and condition.
- Relationship based Therapy – Their team of physiotherapists is caring and compassionate and work on building personal connections and making you feel most comfortable.
The physiotherapy plan that FRH offers includes the following:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
To avail Home Care Physiotherapy services in Dubai, you can call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an online appointment by visiting our website https://firstresponse.ae/