It was great. My ankle was in pain. I Informed my hotel staff and they got a First Response Healthcare physiotherapist to help me. Thanks to her timeliness, and professionalism, my ankle is doing much better.
Orthopedic Physiotherapy from First Response Healthcare
What Is Orthopedic Physiotherapy?
Orthopedic physiotherapy refers to the branch of physiotherapy that is to do with the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and disorders associated with the skeletal system and the linked muscles, joints, ligaments and connective tissues. Orthopedic physiotherapy treatment also covers pre and post-operative rehabilitation of hip, shoulder and knee. Through ortho physio, it is possible to get relief from pain, to enhance the range of your joints, to improve your strength as well as flexibility, and achieve full functionality and movement.
An ortho physiotherapist will first try to identify the source of the problem followed by which, he/she will evaluate your condition and diagnose the condition that you have. The ortho physiotherapist will help determine and identify the right movement diagnosis, will create a treatment plan, will administer therapeutic care, and most importantly will educate you about how you can best manage your current injury and condition and how you can prevent further damage or injury.
Orthopedic Physiotherapy can help treat the following conditions or injuries:
- Ligament Strain, Sprain or Tear
- Fracture Rehabilitation
- Inflammation Of Tendons or Bursa
- Osteo -Arthritis
- Rheumatoid – Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Surgical Rehabilitation of either the hip, knee, shoulder or foot or ankle
- Frozen Shoulder
- Knee Instability
- Joint Pain
- Limited Range of Motion
- Lower Back Pain
- Lyme Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Spinal Stenosis
You can avail services of orthopedic physiotherapy at hospitals, physiotherapy centres, outpatient clinics, nursing facilities, sports facilities or even at your home. There are also specialized physiotherapists who train in treating specific populations, for example a sport physiotherapist can help, and guide athletes prevent injuries and aid with faster recovery from sports-related injuries. Similarly, there are physiotherapists who work with the elderly and make the recovery from knee or hip replacement surgery faster and smoother.
What Types of Treatments Does Orthopedic Physiotherapy Comprise Of?
Orthopedic Physiotherapists use several different therapeutic modalities, exercises, assistive devices, and patient education methods to help you with your condition or injury. Based on how your therapists use these techniques and treatments, they can be broadly divided into two types:
- Passive Modalities – Wherein the physiotherapist gives you the treatment.
- Active Modalities – Wherein you actively perform or participate in the movements.
What Does Orthopedic Physiotherapy Include?
An ortho physiotherapist will prepare a specific plan for you to help you with your condition and it might include one or more of these following tools and methods:
- Assessment and Evaluation: The first and foremost thing that the physiotherapist will do is a thorough investigation and evaluation of the symptoms you’re facing, your difficulties, your level of pain, your movement, and functional skills, along with asking details and observing your strength, balance, range of motion and posture.
- Use of Therapeutic Techniques: Your physiotherapist may use a variety of therapies to bring down the swelling, to reduce the level of pain you are in, to enhance blood flow and to improve flexibility and increase relaxation. These therapies might include therapies of heat, ice, water, laser, electrical stimulation, dry needling, and ultrasound.
- Use of Assistive Devices: Your physiotherapist might recommend use of devices such as canes, walkers, crutches, slings, or braces to aid you with your movement and functionality.
- Mobilization and Massage: To help better stiffness and to increase the blood flow, your physiotherapist might use massage and mobilization techniques. He/she may also give you hands-on manual therapy wherein your joints and muscles will be stretched and moved by the physiotherapist. This will get your muscles and joints moving better than before.
- Exercise: As a part of this, you will participate in numerous rehabilitation exercises that will speed your recovery. Exercise is usually the toughest part of the treatment, and you will have to take active steps to ensure that exercises help you in the best and most effective way possible. These exercises will help improve the following:
- Range of motion
- Functional mobility
What Are the Benefits Of Orthopedic Physiotherapy?
- Enhances Mobility – After having gone through an injury or surgery, it can be difficult and painful to get back to where you were before or perform all tasks with the ease that you did. Through physiotherapy it is possible to increase your mobility and range of motion and perform everyday functions with much more ease and comfort.
- Can Help Avoid Surgery – In some cases, it is possible to avoid surgery by getting help through physiotherapy. If you receive the right orthopedic physiotherapy at the right time, it is possible to stop your condition or injury from getting worse.
- Can Help Reduce or Eliminate Pain – Through some exercises and techniques like ultrasound and taping, it is possible to relieve pain to help you feel better and more at ease.
How To Make Sure You Get the Best Results From Orthopedic Physiotherapy?
To make sure that you get the most out of your physiotherapy treatment, you should first and foremost openly talk to your physiotherapist about your issues, struggles, concerns, and expectations. Before you start the treatment, it is important to make sure that you and the physiotherapist are on the same page. You should also ask any questions that you might have and set clear, concrete, and realistic goals for yourself. One of the things to make sure is to be honest about your pain tolerance. Over and above this, it is important that you stay sincere and regular with your exercise plans, especially the ones that you’re expected to do at home on your own. Also make sure to not miss appointments, since missing sessions can cause a setback that could interfere with your recovery process. Once you find a good physiotherapist who fits with your needs and expectations, all you need to do is trust them and commit to the treatment plan and you will soon see results, and eventually you can go back to doing the things that you love pain-free and with ease.
Orthopedic Physiotherapy at Home in Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If going to a hospital or physiotherapy center frequently is not possible for you because of your busy schedule or because of the pain or any other reason, you have the option to opt for physiotherapy at home. Making time for physiotherapy can be difficult if you have a hectic schedule and, in such circumstances, having a physiotherapist visit you at home can prove to be very helpful and convenient. Also, if your condition is severe, you might need to depend on a friend or family member to take you to the hospital or clinic. All this can be avoided through the service of home physiotherapy, wherein an experienced physiotherapist will visit you in the comfort of your home at a time that suits you best.
First Response Healthcare (FRH) provides specialized service of home physiotherapy in Dubai. Through our ‘Physiotherapy on Call’; Service, we provide physiotherapy at a location of your choice, which could be your home, office, or hotel. FRH provides high-quality, patient-centered and comprehensive care through services that are prompt and reliable. We have received the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission International for our standards in Home Healthcare Management for maintaining high quality standards in our services. Moreover, our Physiotherapy team comprises highly trained, experienced, qualified and licensed physiotherapists who are well equipped with portable equipment to provide physiotherapy at home. All our physiotherapists have commendable clinical experience and are licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. The physiotherapist will design a personalized and effective physiotherapy plan that will aim to improve your mobility, enhance your strength, and help you achieve independent functioning.
FRH Offers Ortho Physiotherapy Treatment for the Following Conditions:
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Post-surgical physiotherapy
- Pre-surgical physiotherapy
- Meniscal tear
- ACL tear
- ACL rehabilitation
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Rotator cuff tear/repair
- Spondylolisthesis /Spondylosis/ Spondylitis
- Subacromial impingement
Why Should You Get Orthopedic Physiotherapy Treatment in Dubai From FRH?
- Flexible Appointments: We adapt to your schedule, and you can book an appointment with us 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Quick Services: We can reach your home, hotel, or office within 30* minutes after you book an appointment
- Locations Covered: Entire Emirate of Dubai
- Place of Your Convenience: Our team can offer services at your home, hotel or office
Benefits of Orthopedic Physiotherapy in Dubai By First Response Healthcare
- Customized Services – Our physiotherapist will offer a treatment plan based on your needs and requirements.
- One-on-One Attention – We prioritize your needs and expectations and take the time to understand your requirements before we design a customized plan for you.
- Communicated Recovery Process – We make sure to keep you updated with Regular Progress Reports.
Our home physiotherapy Dubai program is tailored according to patient’s specific needs and includes the following:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
If you or anyone you know can benefit from orthopedic physiotherapy, it is important that you reach out to a doctor to seek advice.
To avail our orthopedic physiotherapy services at home in Dubai, all you need to do is call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/