As you might already know, pregnancy care comprises three crucial parts – prenatal care, during pregnancy care and postnatal care. While most people give a lot of attention to prenatal care, postnatal care, unfortunately, is not given too much importance. In reality, postnatal care is just as challenging and daunting as the other phases and the new mother requires a lot of care, guidance, and attention for her own recovery as well as for newborn care after delivery. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the first 24 hours after birth are very important for both the mother and the newborn baby and thus new mother care and newborn baby care should be dependable.
There are several healthcare organizations that provide new mother care and newborn care after delivery. Several home healthcare organizations have a unique postnatal care program through which the goal is to offer the best newborn care at home and take off the workload and worries of the new parents.
Table of Contents
What Does Newborn Baby Care Comprise?
As a part of services of newborn care at home, healthcare organizations provide comprehensive services post-pregnancy for the new mother and the newborn baby after delivery. The newborn baby care services are provided by trained, professional, and experienced nurses who are well-versed with newborn care after delivery. As part of newborn baby care services, you will be advised and educated about how to care for yourself as the new mother and the new baby. Following are the different ways in which you can receive newborn baby care support from nurses:
- Newborn Baby Care – This will include newborn baby care-related guidance and tips on how to hold, feed, and clean the baby. All your questions related to newborn care after delivery will be answered, and all your worries will be addressed. The nurse will also keep a check on the baby’s health and growth by monitoring the baby’s vitals and observing other details related to the newborn baby’s care.
- Breastfeeding Care – A lot of new mothers struggle with breastfeeding and lactation initially. The nurse will guide you through the same and will also offer tips and suggestions to make breastfeeding smooth for the new mother and the newborn through our newborn care services after delivery.
- Post-Delivery Mother Care – This is meant to offer comprehensive care for the new mother, right from nutritional guidance, and massages to wound care for the stitches post-delivery.
- Counseling For The New Mother – Post-delivery, there’s the possibility of a new mother falling into postpartum depression. Nursing professionals can help with this through emotional support and guidance to tackle the same. It would be useful for mothers to avail of newborn care services after their delivery in this instance.
All in all, newborn care after delivery aims to help you with:
- How best to care for your newborn baby
- The challenges of feeding and postoperative recovery for the new mother
- The complete change in your routine and life once the baby is born
- Taking some time off by hiring someone professional who will provide excellent newborn care of your baby at home.
How To Best Prepare For Newborn Care At Home?
Following are some tips and suggestions to keep in mind to ensure that you can make the most of newborn baby care through our services:
- Prepare a list of concerns and a list of questions that you might need the nurse’s inputs with.
- Prepare a list of do’s and don’ts for the nurse so that they are on the same page as you about what needs to be done for your newborn’s care at home.
- Stay calm and do not stress yourself out too much over your newborn’s care at home through the help of our services. The nursing professional is trained in providing quality healthcare to your child.
- Keep an open mind and be willing to listen and learn about the nuances of baby healthcare.
Newborn Baby Care At Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that provides services of newborn care after delivery at home. First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a JCI accredited home healthcare company that provides high-quality, reliable, and professional services for postnatal care at home.
FRH has a team of highly skilled & DHA-licensed nurses who can help you with guidance and support right from nutrition, breastfeeding, and exercise to household requirements and necessary hygiene practices. Our team of nurses is very compassionate, and they prioritize the care and comfort of our clients and patients. They can guide you through all precautions that are necessary for the optimum health of your child and for the new mother. Through our services, we want to provide the best newborn care at home and help you ease into motherhood efficiently and effectively.
What Services Will Our Nurses Provide For Newborn Care At Home?
We provide a range of services for newborn care after delivery to help and support the new mother’s transition into the role of being a mom. Here are some of them:
- Guidance for Lactation: Our nurses will talk to you about the required nutrition and meals to ensure that you are fit and healthy for breastfeeding the newborn.
- Support with Breastfeeding: Our nurses can not just answer your questions but can also take you through breastfeeding techniques in case you find breastfeeding challenging.
- Support With Baby Feeding: Our nurses will show you the correct way of feeding the baby, cleaning the utensils, and burping the baby after a feed, among other things.
- Baby Massaging Advice: To ensure optimum muscle development and proper blood circulation, our nurses can show you the correct ways of massaging your baby during baths and other times.
- Maintaining The Newborn’s Hygiene: Newborn babies tend to contract infections easily, and this maintaining hygiene is very important to keep them clean and safe.
- Monitoring the Health of the Newborn: Our nurse can also keep a check on your baby’s health in the first few weeks and months. He/She will monitor the baby’s skin, hair, and body movement to ensure there are no health-related issues or conditions.
- Emotional and Moral Support: Our nurse will not just help you out with all the chores and responsibilities of having a newborn, but will also try to be a strong support system in order for you to cope emotionally and mentally. If you’re struggling with postpartum depression, our team of nurses can help you through the same and can nudge you towards the required help and support.
- Physical Recovery Support: From wound care to the right exercises and foods, our nurses can guide you through the required precautions to become healthy and fit very soon.
- All Queries & Concerns Addressed: Our team of nurses are qualified and experienced to answer any questions that you might have about newborn baby care at home. They are trained in postnatal care and can guide you through any difficulties related to your or your baby’s health.
- Easy Access To Doctors & Specialists: FRH has a team of highly qualified, experienced, and internationally trained doctors and pediatricians who can be available at your doorstep for your baby’s checkup. We also provide services of diagnostic tests, physiotherapists, and a range of other medical services at home. We can also make referrals to specialists whenever required.
Features That Make FRH Different:
- Flexible Appointments: You can book an appointment with us based on your schedule and availability. Our team can reach you at any time on any day since our services are available 24*7, 365 days a year.
- Quick Services: After you make an appointment with us, we’ll try to reach you at the earliest possible or within 30* minutes.
- Locations Covered: Entire Emirate of Dubai & Ras Al Khaimah
- Place of Your Convenience: Our team can visit you at your home, hotel, or office.
- One-on-One Attention – Our team is attentive to your needs and expectations. They are very caring and compassionate, and they treat children with a lot of patience and commitment.
- Communicated Recovery Process – We keep you updated with Regular Progress Reports of your child every step of the way and make sure to answer all your queries and concerns.
- Premium Service: We make sure that our patients get to have a premium experience with us wherein they receive personalized attention and a treatment plan that works best for them.
- Diagnostics: We ensure that our patients and their families are able to access services of laboratory tests as when required and manage the same for the patients through our partnership with certified labs.
- Referral to Specialists: When need be, our team in Dubai can connect you to the best specialists through referrals.
- Pharmacy delivery: We ensure that medicines reach you at the earliest through our 24-hour pharmacy partner.
- Physiotherapy Referral: If need be, our team can also connect you with a physiotherapist through a referral for any injuries, pain, or any other issues.
- Chronic Diseases: Our doctors can help you with evaluations and management of all chronic diseases including pain management.
To avail services of newborn care at home in Dubai, you can contact First Response Healthcare by calling on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment on our website by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/
Also Read: Home Remedies for cough cold and ear infection in children