Being obese or overweight can make you vulnerable to a range of obesity related disorders such as heart disease, diabetes, among others. Everyone around you and everyone on the internet will have several suggestions to offer for weight loss. No wonder losing weight has become a multi-billion-dollar industry where everybody seems to have a different answer or solution for weight loss. However, the sustainable and long term solution to losing body fat is by making small changes in your lifestyle and eating habits.
What Should You Do For Healthy Weight Loss?
To lose weight, you need to start making small but achievable changes to your lifestyle by adopting healthy habits that you can sustain in the long run. The key to weight loss lies in two things – 1) Improving your eating habits and 2) Increasing your physical activity. To lose weight you need to use more energy/calories than what you consume. If you are consuming more calories than what you are using up, you will gain weight. When this imbalance continues for a long time, it can lead to you becoming obese.
What Are The Best Meals For Weight Loss?
A whole lot of people have a whole lot of inputs regarding what the best meals are for weight loss. Popular media and the internet is full of a variety of fad diets that are endorsed by celebrities and influencers. These diets and meals for weight loss might help you lose weight but there’s a high probability that you might gain back all the weight once you get back to your usual lifestyle and diet, since most of these diets are not very sustainable in the long term. Losing weight is easier, but maintaining and managing your weight is the harder thing to do. Managing and maintaining your weight requires a long term, life-long commitment and it is not just about simply following a diet for a couple of weeks or months.
Most people seem to think extreme dieting is the way to lose weight. However extreme dieting can be harmful because the result of the periods of semi-starvation is the body lowering its metabolic rate. Over and above this, getting on a diet and then quitting it can also have an effect on your general health, wherein you can be at risk of coronary heart disease. Weight loss of ½ to 1kg per week is what is considered safe and reasonable and something that can more likely be maintained.
A nutritionist can guide you on what the healthy meals for weight loss should comprise and they can also help you with what the healthy way of eating is. A nutritionist can help you come up with meals for weight loss that are tailored keeping in mind your health and lifestyle. Here are the parameters to keep in mind when figuring out meals for weight loss. Your Weight Loss Meal Plans needs to be designed keeping the ‘SMART’ acronym in mind:
- Specific, meaning that you need to decide what exactly do you want to achieve – for example, do you want to cut down sugar, do you want to consume more natural foods, etc.
- Measurable – Base your plan on numbers that are easily measurable, for example I will eat at least one fruit and two vegetables everyday.
- Achievable – Set practical goals that are achievable, for example if you eat junk or processed food once in a while and can’t entirely stop consuming it, include that in your plan.
- Realistic – You need to make sure your goals are meaningful to you. For example, if you have a habit of snacking on unhealthy things when you are stressed, factor that in your meal plan. Prepare yourself for what healthier snack you will pick instead of the other unhealthy snack.
- Time-bound – Set a fixed time so that you can keep a track of and evaluate your progress.
Following are some tips to keep in mind when you are planning your meals for weight loss:
- When planning your healthy weight loss meal, include a wide variety of foods from all food groups including Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein Foods, and healthy fats in the food groups.
- Try to increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Especially vegetables that are low in calories and high in fiber.
- Be mindful of how much food and drink you are consuming, because the bigger the portion, the more energy and calories it contains.
- Cut down on foods that are high in added fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt as much as possible.
- If you are consuming extra food or calories, balance it out with extra exercise to burn those extra calories.
- Make sure to not leave any food group when making your weight loss meal plan.
- Consume whole food more and processed foods less.
- Instead of sugary drinks, consume more water.
- Stick to a regular pattern of eating.
- Avoid eating food when you are feeling upset, angry or stressed. Instead depend on healthier alternatives such as going for a walk, listening to music and so on.
The Importance of Exercise In Weight Loss
Only healthy weight loss meals cannot simply aid with losing weight. You need to combine it with physical exercise to see lasting results. Even 30 minutes of physical activity a day can boost your metabolic system and can help you lose weight. Initially, you can start out slowly by simply increasing your movement through the day. You can then start to incorporate activities in your routine like going for a walk, riding a bicycle. You can start and make simple changes in day to day activities that do not require you to take out extra time for exercise but still help you burn the required calories, for example – taking the stairs instead of the lift.
All in all, you need to find ways through which you can stay active so that you burn more energy than you consume and thus can eventually lose weight.
Weight Loss Meal Plans In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If you’re looking for a dependable nutritionist in Dubai, who can help you with weight loss meal plans, we can help you. First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company that offers the services of nutritionists right in your own home in Dubai. Through our ‘Nutritionist on Call’ service, a qualified and experienced nutritionist can visit your home or office and can guide you on what the best weight loss meals can be for you. FRH has received the Gold Seal of Approval by Joint Commission International Standards for Home Healthcare for its high quality services that are of international standards.
We offer our services 24*7 and you can book an appointment with our nutritionist at any time that works for you – whether it’s during the week, weekends or public holidays. Our nutritionist will work with you to come up with a customized diet for weight loss or for conditions that you might have.
Our Service of Nutritionist At Home in Dubai Can Help With:
- Weight management: We help with weight loss, as well as with weight gain
- Pregnancy & lactation nutrition
- Diabetes management
- Kidney disease management
- Cardiovascular disease and dyslipidemia management
- Liver disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Digestive disorders (IBS, IBD, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Lifestyle modification
- Fuelling sports performance
- Childhood and adolescence nutrition
- Nutrition education
How Does It Work?
The first appointment with the nutritionist will be a thorough assessment of your nutritional status and daily habits. The nutritionist will then measure your body weight and body fat percentage. In the sessions going ahead, the nutritionist will plan healthy weight loss meals for you and together you will keep a tab on the progress made.
Why Choose FRH For a Nutritionist or Dietician Consultation
At First Response Healthcare we provide the best medical treatment at the convenience of your home. In fact, we are the first to provide the nutritionist at home service.
Our nutritionist plays a vital role in the well-being of clients by coordinating with our team of doctors and nurses to make sure we provide the best quality multidisciplinary approach.
Over and above this, we offer:
- Flexible Appointments: We adapt to your schedule and can book your appointment with us at a time that suits you best.
- Customized Services – Our nutritionist will design a customized diet plan for you that is based on your personal goal and needs.
- One-on-One Attention – We give you one on one time and attention to understand what you expect from the weight loss journey and what you wish to achieve.
- We always keep you in loop – We keep you updated with your progress through frequent checks and reports.
To book an appointment with a nutritionist in Dubai for healthy weight loss meals, all you need to do is call 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/
Medical Content reviewed by Dima Al Wattar, Dietitian at First Response HealthCare