International Men’s Day (IMD) is celebrated worldwide on November 19, in order to highlight the positive role and contributions of the male to the World.
Table of Contents
Why International Men’s Day is Celebrated?
To raise awareness of the world about gender equality, promote male non-discrimination and highlight the positive role and contributions that men make to society and its community and also address male health issues all ages.
International Men’s Day encourages men to teach the boys in their lives the values, character and responsibilities of being a man. Mahatma Gandhi said, “We must become the change we seek.” It is only when we all, both men and women, lead by example that we will create a fair and safe society which allows everyone the opportunity to prosper.
Pillars of International Men’s Day:
1. Promote positive male role models: men of daily life, living decent and honest lives.
2. Celebrate the positive contributions of men to society, community, family, marriage, child care and the environment.
3. Focus on the health and social, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of men.
4. Highlight discrimination against men, in the areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and the law.
5. Improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
6. Create a safer and better world, where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
International Men’s Day Posters/Images:
Statistic of Men’s Heath Issues
Men’s Health is an important factor in this day to bring the awareness on top health risk faced by the Men.
“Men put their health last,” says Demetrius Porche, DNS, RN, editor in chief of the American Journal of Men’s Health. “Most men’s thinking is, if they can live up to their roles in society, then they’re healthy.”
Fortunately most of the health issues of men can be avoided or treated if diagnosed early.
10 Manhood Inspirational Quotes for Internationals Men’s Day
“Being a male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of choice.” — Edwin Louis Cole
“Manhood is the defeat of childhood narcissism.” –David Gilmore
“A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job.” –John Wayne
“Men and women have strengths that complement each other.” Edwin Louis Cole
“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.” –Marcus Aurelius
“No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.” –Abraham Lincoln
“First find the man in yourself if you will inspire manliness in others” Thomas Alcott said
“Duty is the essence of manhood.” General George Patton
“You seek the heights of manhood when you seek the depths of God.” Edwin Louis Cole
“Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong.” Paul the Apostle
How You Can Celebrate on This Day?
- Appreciate and Spend special time with the men in your life on how they enrich the lives of those around them.
- Simple gesture includes writing letters and sending cards on how much you appreciate them on their contribution to your life.
- Spread them with love and happiness whenever they are around you.
- Create and present your own awards that celebrate the positive elements of manhood.
We hope this post can be good way to start seeing the men in a different way and empower them to a greater highs. Please share this post and helps us in raising awareness about this day.