Elderly people need to visit doctors for checkups and consultations more often than other adults. This could be because of a chronic condition that they might have or because of different health challenges that occur as one grows older. If the elderly individual has difficulty walking or if he/she needs the assistance of a caregiver for doctor visits, these frequent visits to the doctor can take up a lot of time and can be expensive. With the coronavirus pandemic, these challenges have worsened because of how a simple trip to the doctor can be hazardous for the elderly individual. A simple way to tackle and deal with all these challenges is to avail the services of telehealth through which you can opt for online doctor consultation.
Table of Contents
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth services have been around for quite a while now; however, they have become more popular because of the coronavirus pandemic. Telehealth refers to the provision of healthcare services using technology and telecommunications. Most people understand telehealth as being limited to online doctor consultations through calls or video calls. However, over and above this, telehealth also includes remote patient monitoring, online health education, and online storage for medical charts or imaging.
How Are Online Doctor Consultations Helpful For Elderly People?
People from all age groups can benefit from telehealth. However, elderly individuals can benefit even more from online doctor consultations. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Chronic Health Management Gets Easier
Through online doctor consultation, chronic health management, and prescription refills can become easier, less time-consuming , and more efficient. If the elderly patient is not experiencing any new symptoms or has just a few minor symptoms, this can easily be taken care of through a telehealth appointment. The patient can easily get medication for the next few weeks or months.
2. Helps Avoid Transportation Hassle
For elderly individuals who do not drive, a family member might have to take them to and from the doctor’s office, pharmacy or lab or coordinate the same. This can unnecessarily take up a lot of time and effort and can be frustrating for elderly individuals and family members. With an online doctor consultation, one can avoid transportation hassles, costs , and time.
3. Avoid Risk of Exposure to Germs
It can be risky for elderly individuals with compromised immune systems to visit the doctor’s clinic or hospital. With COVID-19, elderly individuals are among the vulnerable groups and so to eliminate the risk, elderly people should choose online doctor consultations instead and avoid the risk of contracting germs or the virus.
4. Real-Time Monitoring
Elderly patients returning home after hospitalization or medical procedures can feel anxious when they are on their own. However, with telehealth solutions that allow physicians to remotely monitor their patient’s health, seniors can be confident that their care is being handled effectively and they can contact doctors at any time for adjustments or updates.
5. Can Avoid Crisis Situations
Older adults are often hesitant to seek care for medical issues due to the perception that it can take a long time to schedule an appointment with their preferred physician through traditional methods. With telehealth, this problem is solved as patients have access to current appointments and can make new ones if they feel something has changed or they are concerned about an unrelated issue. This could result in fewer visits to the emergency room, which would be beneficial for everyone involved.
6. Medical Care Accessible from Anywhere
Older adults are often traveling or are at different locations if they are visiting and staying over at their children’s or relatives’ places . This can lead to them missing or postponing their appointment. Through telehealth and online doctor consultation, they can continue with their scheduled appointments from any location and any place.
7. More Independence
Often, elderly people will not admit that they are struggling or ill because they do not want to appear helpless or require assistance from their family members. By using telehealth services, the elderly can continue living independently and receive medical care through online doctor consultations. Telehealth can be very helpful for patients as it removes the stress of burdening loved ones with their health issues.
8. Safer & More Convenient
Research has shown that elderly patients recover faster from medical procedures and treatments when they are at home than in a hospital setting. This is because being surrounded by loved ones, having a routine, and maintaining some sense of normalcy helps them feel more comfortable, safe, and cared for. With telehealth services and online doctor consultations becoming increasingly available, it is easier for elderly patients to come back to their homes soon after undergoing treatment or surgery.
9. Helpful for Family Caregivers
Telehealth services are beneficial not just for elderly patients, but also for their family members. With telehealth services, family members can be around the elderly patient and supervise their health at home while ensuring that reliable medical assistance is just one call away. This can give relief and satisfaction to the family caregivers who often experience strain and stress. Telehealth services can reduce a caregiver’s workload and burden.
10. Saves Money
Telehealth services are beneficial because they can help reduce visits to the hospital. Additionally, online doctor consultation services can help prevent more serious illnesses or outcomes due to delaying treatment.
Online Doctor Consultation In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If you are seeking guidance or advice on how to consult with a doctor online, First Response Healthcare (FRH) is the place for you. FRH has received the Gold Seal of Approval from Joint Commission International Standards and offers a range of medical care services that includes teleconsultation with doctors. Our service ensures that your medical issues and concerns will be addressed in an efficient and professional manner.
FRH has a team of doctors who are licensed and certified and highly experienced. Our medical professionals work shifts so that you can always reach one, no matter what time of day or night it is. We offer our services all days of the year, even on weekends and public holidays. After booking an appointment with one of our physicians, you can speak with them either over audio call or video call from your home. Our team of doctors can provide you with diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of conditions right from fever and cold to respiratory conditions and chronic diseases.
How Can You Book An Online Doctor Consultation Through FRH?
- To schedule an appointment with an online doctor, you can call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC
- You can also book an online doctor consultation by clicking on: https://firstresponse.okadoc.com/
- From our team of internationally trained, DHA-licensed and experienced doctors, you can choose a doctor of your choice and we will schedule an appointment with them for you.
- We will schedule your appointment with the online doctor at a time and date that works for you best, based on your availability.
- Once your appointment is booked, you just need to log into your account at the scheduled time for your appointment.
Why Should You Choose FRH for Telehealth In Dubai?
- We offer free follow-up consultation for the next 7 days after your appointment
- Our online doctor consultations use HD quality video
- We prioritize your privacy and ensure that your calls and chats with our team are end-to-end encrypted
- You can send any messages, pictures, or reports to the doctor and all of this will remain confidential
- The doctor will send you a prescription after the online doctor consultation ends
- The duration of the consultation will be approximately 30 minutes.
- When required, we will refer complex cases or emergency patients for in-person consultation or emergency services.
- When required, we will advise the patient on further assessment and treatment and make referrals for specialists and physiotherapists.
- Our online doctor consultation service is available in both English & Arabic.
Who Can Benefit From Online Doctor Consultation?
Teleconsultation is a valuable resource for patients who cannot, or do not want to travel to see a doctor in person. It can also be helpful for those living in rural areas or far from the doctor’s office, as well as those with limited mobility, time, or access to transportation services. Here are several situations where teleconsultation may be beneficial:
- If you are experiencing one or more common medical problems, such as a headache, sore throat, back pain, etc., and you need medication to treat the same issue.
- If you have chronic care needs, it is important to make sure to schedule regular checkups or follow-up appointments.
- If you need to refill your medicines or take short-term prescriptions, our doctors can refer you to our 24-hour pharmacy partner services. We can often help get these items delivered more quickly for you.
- If the patient is unable to leave their home due to health or weather conditions, this may affect their recovery and an online doctor consultation can help.
- If you need to consult a doctor at odd hours, during holidays or weekends, or in the middle of the night.
To book an online doctor consultation, all you need to do is call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/