Choosing a developmental pediatrician for your baby is a decision that you need to take even before the baby is born. The pediatrician that you choose will guide your family right from the start and will offer medical advice and inputs during the various stages of your child’s development and growth. After the baby is born, in the first year itself, you will have to visit the developmental pediatrician seven times or more for routine checkups. Over and above this, there will also be several unplanned visits for when your baby falls sick. Choosing the best pediatrician in Dubai is also important because the doctor will be administering all the important vaccinations for your child, over and above the undertaking physical exams and screenings. Choosing one of the best pediatric doctors is important to ensure that all the above-mentioned check-ups and vaccinations go smoothly and so that your child can remain fit and healthy.
What Factors Should You Consider Before Choosing A Pediatrician?
Following are few factors and things to keep in mind before you choose a developmental pediatrician for your child:
1. Distance & Proximity From The Doctor
– When choosing the pediatrician, you should consider how close or far you are from the doctor’s clinic or hospital. When you are choosing a healthcare provider, it is even better if they deliver services of doctors right at your doorstep. Factoring in the distance or the time taken by the doctor to visit you is an important consideration that can prove to be very helpful in times of emergencies.
2. Pediatric Doctor’s Availability & Schedule
– Before you finalize your pediatric doctor, find out about their availability and working hours. There are healthcare providers who provide their services 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays. It might be more practical to choose such a healthcare service provider and doctor because it may not always be possible for you to schedule appointments on weekdays because of other commitments. Moreover, choosing a service provider whose services are available 24*7 also ensure that you have someone you can rush to incase of health needs or emergencies that occur at night or at odd hours for your child.
– Considering the charges of the doctor and the costs involved with their services is crucial.
4. Ease & Comfort With The Pediatrician
– This may not seem like a very important thing to consider, but it is worth considering to ensure things go smooth in the long run. It helps if you find a doctor who is not just friendly but also who listens patiently to your concerns, doesn’t rush into diagnosis, who answers all your questions and who makes you feel like he/she is there for your child whenever the need arises.
How Should You Choose the Best Pediatrician For Your Child?
Following are four tips that can help you choose one of the best pediatricians in Dubai for your child:
Research can involve searching the web for options for the best pediatric doctors in Dubai near you, or you can also choose to find some options through recommendations of friends and family members. You can compile a list of developmental pediatricians after speaking to first time parents or other doctors that you might know. Once you have a list, you can choose which pediatric doctor seems most suitable for your child based on the factors and criteria listed above.
2. Verify the Pediatrician’s Credentials and Experience
Before you finalize on a pediatric doctor, make sure that you are convinced about their credentials and experience. Find out if the doctor has the required license for practice, the number of years of experience that he/she has, and what his/her qualifications are. Generally these details are easily available on the website of the hospital, clinic or healthcare provider that the doctor is associated with.
3. See How Your Doctor Interacts With Your Child
During the first few visits when you visit the pediatric doctor for appointments, observe how the doctor interacts with your child. Most pediatricians are passionate about their chosen specialty and are good at what they do. You should pay attention to whether or not the doctor is able to make your child feel comfortable. How the pediatric doctor interacts with your child can help you decide whether or not he/she is a good fit for your child.
4. Access To Additional Care & Services
Before you finalize on a pediatric doctor, also make sure if the doctor can easily link you to specialists when need be. Find out if the healthcare service provider that the doctor is associated with has access and recommendations for emergency departments for children. Over and above this, you should also find out if the healthcare provider can offer services of lab tests and other similar facilities for your child.
What Questions Should You Ask A Pediatrician?
There’s nothing wrong with being extra cautious before you finalize a pediatrician for your child. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to bring them up with the doctor. Here are some questions that you could to find out if the doctor is a good fit for your child and for your family:
- Which hospital or healthcare service provider are you affiliated with?
- How long have you been practicing for?
- Are you board-certified?
- Do you have evening and weekend hours, and do you accept emergency appointments if my child is unwell?
- What needs to be done if my child needs to see a specialist for any reason?
- Do you offer services of home visits for appointments?
- Who can I reach out to when you are on leave?
When Should You Start Looking For A Pediatrician?
If you are looking for a pediatrician for a newborn, you should start looking for a pediatrician in the third trimester of the pregnancy. This way you will be well prepared before the child is born and will not have to rush to find out about doctors later on.
Developmental Pediatrician at Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If you are looking for some of the best pediatricians in Dubai, you do not need to look any further. First Response Healthcare (FRH) offers the services of experienced and qualified developmental pediatricians in Dubai right in the comfort of your own home. Through our Pediatrician on Call service, a pediatric doctor can visit you at any time of the day to diagnose, treat or vaccinate your child. You can avail our services at any time of the day, on any day of the week since our services are available 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
Our team of development pediatricians are licensed, experienced and trained to diagnose and treat children of all age groups right from newborns to adolescents. They can offer diagnosis and treatment for any difficulties that your child might be having. Over and above this, our pediatric doctors can also visit your home for routine health checkup or a vaccine at home for your child. Our team of doctors are very caring and compassionate, and they make sure that they treat the children with a lot of patience, commitment, and respect. Our pediatric doctors are also available at odd hours or incase of medical emergencies. We have also tied up with certified laboratories that allow us to provide services of a range of lab tests when a requirement for the same arises.
What FRH Offers:
- Pediatrician On Call – Through this service, a pediatric doctor will reach your home within 30 minutes after you can book an appointment with us. We can reach you anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai.
- Health Checkups – We can visit you for annual or quarterly health checkups of your child and can schedule an appointment with a pediatric doctor to discuss the reports of the same. We offer health checkups for all children below the age of 18 years.
- Diagnostic Tests – We can also visit your home to collect your child’s blood, urine or stool samples for diagnostic tests.
- Vaccination – We can also administer required vaccinations to your infant or child.
Why Should You Choose FRH For Pediatric Services
- Flexible Appointments: We adapt to your schedule and you can book an appointment with us 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Quick Services: We can reach your home, hotel or office within 30* minutes after you book an appointment.
- Locations Covered: Entire Emirate of Dubai.
- Place of Your Convenience: Our pediatric doctor can visit you for your child’s diagnosis at your home, hotel or office.
- One-on-One Attention – We make sure that we are attentive to your needs and expectations
- Communicated Recovery Process – We keep you updated with Regular Progress Reports of your child every step of the way.
To hire the services of one of the best pediatricians in Dubai near you, all you need to do is call 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/