If you ask any elderly person, where they would prefer to stay as they age and get older, they would always choose their own home. No matter how luxurious, comfortable or great a nursing home might be for elderly individuals; when given a choice, seniors will always choose their own house over anything else. However, staying at home can prove to be challenging and risky for older individuals because of cognitive decline and decreased mobility. If the elderly individual is unwell or battling a disease then living at home without assistance can be even more unsafe.
Several healthcare providers now offer in home services for seniors to help overcome the issues stated above. Home care assistance can ensure that seniors continue to stay in the comfort of their own homes, while receiving the help and assistance that they need. Senior care at home comprises personal care assistance, companionship, household management, nursing services, medication management, among several other services.
What Does Senior Care At Home Mean?
Home care assistance or in home services for seniors refer to the non medical care provided to an elderly individual. It can include assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, etc. It can also include support for companionship, socialization, and cognitive stimulation. When family members of a senior or elderly individual are unable to take out time from their schedule for care giving activities, then home care assistance for elderly care can prove to be very useful. Home services for seniors also come in handy when family members or care givers are away for some time because of travel, work, or because of other personal commitments.
In home services for seniors ensure that elderly individuals do not need to move out of their comfort zone and out of their homes to a nursing facility or residential care community. Even for elderly individuals who are more or less independent and only need minimal help, home care assistance can prove to be useful. One can choose in home services for seniors based on one’s own need and requirement – it could be for one afternoon per week or for 24 hours, all days of the week.
What Does Senior Care At Home Comprise?
There are various types of in-home care services available for elderly individuals. Some services could include only basic companionship while others may include skilled medical care and home care by trained and experienced nurses. Following are the different categories of in home services for seniors:
Personal Care Assistance
Personal care assistance refers to assistance with all activities of daily living as well as help with non-medical, personal care activities such as toileting, feeding, dressing, grooming, and bathing. Personal care assistance can be very useful for the elderly individual who is having difficulty executing activities of daily living for one’s personal hygiene and care. Nursing professionals are trained to support elderly individuals with dignity and patience and care. They can assistance in doctor visits and can reduce the stress and burden on family members and loved ones.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the services provided under personal care. Based on one’s own personal need and requirement, you can choose a combination of services that you need:
- Assistance with ADLs
- Assistance with mobility
- Companionship, social engagement, and cognitive stimulation
Health Care at Home
Health care at home refers to higher level of medical care and assistance for elderly individuals. Home healthcare services are provided by licensed, trained and experienced nurses and they aid with task such administering injections, maintaining oxygen tubes and catheters, medication administration, conducting physical or occupational therapy, offering ventilator care, etc. Home health care can also extend to services of doctors, physiotherapists, lab technicians or other medical professionals who can visit the home of elderly individuals to offer their services. With home healthcare, elderly individuals need not be kept in hospitals for long, since a lot of medical care services can be provided at their own home outside of the hospital. It also helps avoiding frequent visits to the hospital and can reduce the risk of seniors being exposed to infections in hospitals or clinics.
Following are the services that are included in home health care:
- Skilled nursing, first aid, and wound care
- Post-surgery recovery care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy and assistance with oxygen tanks and tubing
- Assistance with maintaining and cleaning feeding tubes, catheters, and other medical devices
- Medication administration, including injections
- Assistance managing and monitoring chronic conditions
- Blood withdrawals
Companion Care Services
The objective of companion care services is to provide company and emotional support for older individuals. This service can be especially useful for seniors who are living alone at home, are isolated or are dealing with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s. Nursing professionals provide support to seniors by reading to them, preparing meals or snacks for them, taking them to parks or to appointments, etc. Companion care services can significantly improve the mental health of elderly individuals, which can then have a positive impact on their physical health.
Senior Care at Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If you are looking for professional, high quality and reliable home care assistance for seniors in Dubai, you do not need to look any further. First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a renowned home healthcare company is Dubai that offers customized high-quality, patient centered for elderly individuals. FRH’s services are of international standards and we have received the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission International Standards for our quality healthcare services.
FRH has a team of highly competent & DHA licensed, trained and experienced nurses who can deliver home healthcare and personal care services for elderly individuals in the comfort of their own home. We also have a team of internationally trained and very experienced doctors, physiotherapists and medical experts who can also visit your home, hotel or office to provide medical aid and support for your elderly family member. Our team of nurses and medical professionals provide their services 24*7, 365 days, even on weekends and public holidays. Our team can visit you anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai. Our team ensures that we treat elderly individuals with care, respect and dignity. For senior care at home, you can choose a list of services that you and your family are interested in and we can create a customized care plan for you based on your needs and requirements.
Over and above senior care at home, our team of nursing professionals can also provide the following services:
- Post-Operative Care
- Palliative care
- Maternity & New-born care
- Child Care & Babysitting.
Benefits of Home Nursing with First Response Healthcare
- Care Plan: Our team of nurses will assess the condition of the elderly patient and advise a customized, personalized care plan for them.
- Post Discharge Care: Our nurses are trained and experienced in providing 24×7 post discharge care and can monitor the condition of the elderly patient to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Medication Compliance: Our team of nurses can help with medication compliance and medication management. They are also trained to administer all types of injections prescribed by the doctor.
- Wound Care: Our team of nurses can also provide wound care with best infection control practices to ensure wounds heal quickly.
- Patient Education: Our team of nurses doesn’t just work with the elderly patient but also with the family. Our nursing staff will provides you continuous patient and family education in your own home.
- Chronic Diseases: We have a team of doctors and nurses who are trained in managing evaluation and treatment of all chronic diseases including pain management.
- Diabetes Management: Our team of nurses also offers diabetes care at home for Type 1 and Type 2 patients as well as Pre-diabetes patients.
- Duration of Nursing Care: The duration of the nursing care can be decided by you based on your requirement and convenience. We are available to provide anything that you might need, right from daily visits to 24/7 continuity of care.
- Only DHA Nurses Deployed: Our team of nurses is licensed, trained and experienced in providing best quality care.
- General & Specialized Home Care Nursing: We can tweak our services based on your requirements, where we can take care of timely medication administration and health monitoring of the elderly individual.
Features That Make FRH Different:
- Time for appointments: You can schedule an appointment with us at anytime 24/7 365 days a year.
- Time to reach you: We can reach you within 30* minutes of your call
- Areas Our Services Cover: We can come to you anywhere within Emirate of Dubai
- Where all our Doctors can visit you in Dubai: We can visit you at your home, hotel or office
To avail services for senior care at home, you can contact First Response Healthcare by calling on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/