Post Operative Care By First Response Healthcare
Whether you’re having a major operation or a minor one, post operative care is of utmost importance because at the end of the day any operation is an invasive procedure. Getting to go home after an operation is a positive sign, however it is not the last step in your journey of recovering and healing. The switch and transition from a hospital to your home can be difficult and that’s where post hospital discharge care helps. Long hospital stays are physically and emotionally challenging. Staying in bed at a hospital for many days and weeks leads to poor circulation and muscle wastage because of lack of movement and stimulation. Not to mention that the patient’s mental health is also not at its best because of anxiety, worry or frustration. Post operative nursing care is essential because it tackles all of these issues and is an integral part of successful management of patients. Through post hospitalization care, the goal is to keep the operated or surgical incision area safe from infection and to help the patient return to one’s pre-surgery state. The duration of care of the post operative patient is decided based on how long he/she will need to recover.
Post Operative Care At Home By First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare (FRH) offers a holistic plan for post hospitalization care that covers all aspects of achieving a speedy recovery. We have a team of licensed, trained and experienced nurses and doctors who can support and assist you in your journey of getting better and back on your feet with excellent post operative nursing care. Our services can be useful for patients who have undergone surgeries for conditions related to bowel or that are linked to having a stroke, heart diseases, or issues related to urological, gynecological, orthopedic, cardiothoracic conditions or chronic illnesses.
We provide post hospital discharge care right in the comfort of one’s home so that they patient can recuperate in familiar and known surroundings, under the supervision and care of loved ones. This not just significantly impacts the moods and morale of the patient positively, but it also has a positive impact on the patient’s healing and recovery. Our post operative care plans are customized for each patient and we make sure to meet your unique needs and requirements. We take care of proper monitoring and supervision by keeping the patient’s records of risk assessments, information on vital signs, feedback forms, etc. Our team of nurses are equipped in taking good care of a post operative patient and they provide medical and non medical assistance and support based on the doctor’s instructions and guidelines. The nurse’s care and the overall plan of recovery will be based on the type of surgery the patient has undergone and their medical history.
Our post operative care at home is initiated after properly analyzing the patient’s conditions by asking the right questions and by understanding what the patient needs, to have a healthy recovery. Our goal is to ensure that our patients not just recover physically but have also healed mentally from the trauma of the surgery. Post surgery, the patient might feel disoriented and might feel unwell and uncomfortable because of restricted mobility, after effects of the medications, bed sores or some other complications. Through these difficulties and discomfort, we make sure to take care of the post operative patient.
What Does Post Hospitalization Care Cover?
- Support with activities of daily living, either assistance or total care if required
- Assistance with tasks like showering and grooming
- All round and comprehensive assessment and monitoring of the patient’s condition and recovery
- Monitoring the surgical site
- Administration of medication, including Intravenous therapy if needed
- Wound care and dressing
- Prevention of Infection
- Management of Pain
- Physiotherapy and respiratory therapy
- Education of the patient and family
- Tube feeding
- Tracheostomy care
- Respiratory therapy
- Catheter care
- Stoma care
- Help and assistance with mobilization
- Dietary Advice
What Are The Benefits of Post Operative Care?
While as a family member of the patient, you might feel that you can manage taking care of the post operative patient; given that this care might be required for longer duration and needs intervention of experts, it is advisable to choose services of post hospitalization care at home. Here are the benefits of post operative nursing care:
- Reduces anxiety for the patient and his/her family members
- The need for hospitalization is reduced
- Helps saves cost and money
- Speeds up the initial recovery process
- Decreases the perceived and residual pain that the patient experiences
- Home visits by a nurse after surgery have proven to show that patient not just feels better but also sleeps better
- Offers continuum of care
- Enables the patient to regain full mobility in a smooth and effective way
- Helps the patient regain control over one’s posture, balance and coordination.
- Reduces risk of postoperative pulmonary complications (PCCs) and other infections.
- Personalized Care: Each patient’s needs are different post surgery, his/her requirements for help and assistance may also be different based on what the complications are, what the level of pain or discomfort is or based on the level of mobility post operation. Hiring a nurse for post operative at home can ensure that the nurse recognizes and takes care of the patient’s specific needs and requirements.
- Medication Management: Proper medication management is important not just for pain management but also for quick recovery. Hiring a nurse will ensure that the patient or their family members do not have to worry about this aspect. A nurse will work out a schedule that works for you and will administer pills at the right time. Managing multiple dosages and medicines might also be challenging for the patient or the family member, but nurses are trained for the same and can manage it with ease.
- Meal Inputs & Suggestions: Having a healthy diet that has the macro and micro nutrients that the patient needs, is important for a fast recovery. The nurse will offer advice on what foods to eat and what ingredients to include in the patient’s meal to ensure a proper and nutritious diet.
- Assistance With Hospital Visits: For frequent appointments to the hospital, it might not be possible for the patient to go alone or for family members to be able to take them every time. In such a scenario, a nurse can assist the patient with hospital visits, can ask the doctor the required questions and overall help and support during the process.
Some Important Reminders
Here are some important things to keep in mind after returning from the hospital after a surgery:
- Make sure you follow all the instructions given by the doctor. Taking all the medications recommended by the doctor is crucial for a speedy recovery.
- One of the most important aspects is to watch out for any signs of potential complications.
- Do not miss any follow up appointments with the doctor.
- Ensure that you undertake physical activity as advised by the doctor.
- However, also make sure that you do not overdo things and give your body the rest that it needs.
- Once you have a go ahead from the doctor, resume normal activities that were a part of your routine gradually and slowly, and try to return to your normal daily life prior to the surgery.
More About First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that provides healthcare and medical services that are high quality, patient centric and comprehensive. Our services are prompt and reliable and we offer them right in the comfort of your homes. FRH has received a gold seal of approval from the Joint Commission International Standards for Home Healthcare for achieving international quality standards for its services.
FRH has a team of highly competent & DHA licensed doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and medical experts who work 24*7, 365 days a year to deliver home care services right when you need them. They can visit you anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai, whether it’s your home, office or hotel. FRH offers a range of services including services of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and lab technicians who provide kind and compassionate care to patients of all age groups.
Features That Make FRH Different:
- Flexible Appointments: We are available 24/7 365 days a year, and you can book an appointment with us even on weekends and public holidays
- Quick Services: We make sure we reach within 30 minutes after you make an appointment with us.
- Areas Our Services Cover: Our team of medical professionals can visit your at your home, office or hotel
- Premium Service: We make sure that our clients and patients receive a premium experience through personalized care and attention.
- Diagnosis for All Age Groups: We treat patients of all age groups right from children to elderly.
- Pharmacy Delivery: We make sure to dispense medicines at the earliest using our access to our 24-hour pharmacy partner services.
To avail any of the services listed above, you can contact First Response Healthcare by calling on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment by visiting https://firstresponse.ae/