The Fifa World Cup is going to be held from November 20 – December 18, 2022 and Qatar is going to be welcoming more than a million football enthusiasts and fans from around the world. To ensure everyone’s safety, several rules and regulations have been introduced for people who are planning to visit Qatar for the World Cup.
The Ministry of Public Health has introduced the following COVID-19 regulations including Qatar PCR test requirements that you need to keep in mind for travel to Qatar:
- All international Hayya Card holders, above the age of 6 years, need to present a COVID-19 PCR test result taken no more than 48 hours before departure time or an official negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result no more than 24 hours before departure time at the airport check-in counter. The visitor needs to conduct this test in their country of origin regardless of their vaccination status.
- As a part of guidelines for the PCR Test For Travel to Qatar, children below the age of 6 years do not need to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
- Visitors do not need to take a COVID-19 test after they have arrived in Qatar.
- Visitors who are arriving in Qatar do not need to quarantine, no matter what their vaccination status and country of origin.
- However, if you do test positive while in Qatar, you will need to isolate as per the Ministry of Public Health guidelines.
- As per the Qatar PCR Test requirements, a visitor does not need to to take a COVID-19 test before departing Qatar. However, one should check the COVID-19 travel requirements of the specific country they’ll be arriving in.
- It is mandatory for people to wear masks in healthcare facilities and on public transport.
Here are some general policies for PCR Test for travel to Qatar that visitors need to keep in mind:
- Visitors should make note of any changes in the travel and return policy by checking official websites and sources before travel.
- Visitors should adhere to all the norms in place in different places in the State of Qatar and help in limiting the spread of COVID-19.
Qatar PCR Test Requirements For Citizens and Residents of the State of Qatar:
- All residents and citizens of Qatar above the age of 6 years must take a Rapid Antigen (RAT) test within a period of 24 hours upon arriving in Qatar. This test can be taken at the primary health care centers or the private medical centers. If you do not comply with this, the same will reflect in the health status in the Ehteraz application.
- Children below the age of 6 years are exempted from COVID-19 testing.
Important Guidelines Regarding The
Over and above the PCR test required for travel to Qatar, all visitors who are arriving in Qatar must download the Ehteraz app on their phones at Qatar’s entry ports.
For this, you’ll need a SIM card from one of Qatar’s service providers, i.e. Ooredoo or Vodafone or an international SIM card. You’ll also need to have an active mobile connection. Once you have downloaded the app, you will need the health status indicated in green in the Ehteraz app to access public facilities in Qatar. The health status will remain red on the Ehteraz app if you are in isolation after turning COVID-19 positive. It will turn to green again after your COVID-19 test result turns negative. Diplomats, administrative card holders and VIP visitors are exempted from this measure if they are arriving on official state visit.
COVID-19 Test At Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
If you are traveling from Dubai to Qatar and need a PCR Test for travel to Qatar, you can get a COVID-19 test at home through First Response Healthcare (FRH).
FRH is JCI accredited home healthcare organization that provides patient centered home healthcare services of highest quality. We can offer you the PCR test required for travel to Qatar by coming for sample collection at your home, hotel or office. Our services are available 24*7, 365 days a year even on weekends and public holidays.
Our trained, experienced and DHA licensed team of nurses will come for sample collection and they follow strict clinical protocols and guidelines in compliance with the international healthcare quality standards. We also ensure professional testing for COVID-19 PCR test in DHA Approved, accredited and high quality laboratories.
How Can You Book A PCR Test In Dubai For Travel To Qatar?
- Call or WhatsApp on 0505050387 or Dial 800 CALL DOC
- Bookings are available 24/7 and you can book an appointment for a COVID-19 test by emailing on – firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also book online by visiting – https://firstresponse.ae/
- Once the appointment is confirmed, we will ask you for your location and our team will reach you at the scheduled time and collect the swab sample. This sample will be sent to our Dubai Health Authority (DHA) authorized laboratory for testing.
Some Key Features Of FRH:
- The test is administered by one of our DHA Licensed nurses
- Our Express Service will get you your test results within 8-10 hours
- Our Test Reports are accepted by all airlines and act as an documentation and evidence for travel
- All our Partner Labs are certified, accredited and DHA approved
- We are available everywhere across the Emirate of Dubai
- We have 24/7 Call Support Desk that you can reach out to any time
- We collect samples from homes, offices and hotels.
- In case you need to take a trip for emergency travel or have a flight on the same day, we ensure that you get your test results in time.
COVID-19 Symptoms That You Should Look Out For
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days you have contracted the COVID-19 virus:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
You should seek medical help immediately if you see the following symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest.
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face