Over 75% of people requiring home care are seniors who require assistance in managing physical and cognitive limitations. Physiotherapy provided in the home lowers mortality rates related to falls and the risk and rate of falls in older adults, reduces the number of nursing home admissions and hospitalizations, and decreases hospital length of stay. We at First Response Healthcare understand that not everyone can attend a physiotherapy session at a hospital or clinic, and this is why we’ve taken the initiative to provide the specialized service of home physiotherapy in Dubai.
Benefits Of Home Physiotherapy Program By First Response
- Customized Services – Specializing in Senior Care
- One-on-One Attention – Taking time to listen
- Privacy and comfort at Home – Prioritizing your safety
- Flexible Appointments – Adapting to your Schedule
- Communicated Recovery Process – Regular Progress Reports
- Relationship based Therapy – Building Personal Connections
First Response Physiotherapy On Call Service provides in-home physiotherapy, providing care that is convenient and delivered by experienced physiotherapists.
BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF PHYSIOTHERAPY – ESSENTIAL TO YOUR HEALTH, MOBILITY & INDEPENDENCE
Physiotherapy, also referred to as physical therapy, is an allied health profession that makes use of bio – mechanics or kinesiology, manual therapy, exercise therapy and electrotherapy, to help patients restore, maintain and increase their physical mobility, strength and function.
The heart of the physiotherapy profession… is understanding how and why movement and function take place. Physiotherapists are highly skilled and autonomous health professionals who provide safe, quality client-centred physiotherapy through a commitment to service availability, accessibility and excellence.
Physiotherapists’ are better able to help patients regain mobility, as they have a better understanding of how the body works and are trained in clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat disabilities. Physiotherapists can help patients recover from injuries and disabilities ranging from back pain, neck pain, knees pain to ligament issues.
Physiotherapy also helps in the rehabilitation of patients suffering from Parkinson’s, Paralysis, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy. Furthermore, physiotherapists can heal both chronic and acute problems by treating patients at home.
But physiotherapy is not limited to rehabilitation of injury and the effects of disease or disability. A physiotherapist also provides education and advice for health promotion, disease and injury prevention.
HOW DOES PHYSIOTHERAPY WORK ?
Physiotherapists assess and analyze the effect of illness, disability, injury and inactivity and develop specific treatment plans based on their assessment and the individual client’s goals.
In order to maximize your health potential and minimize strains and stresses to your body, our physiotherapist will follow these four steps to get you moving as optimally as possible:
- Assess your level of mobility, strength and endurance
- Diagnose your condition and develop a treatment plan to restore movement and reduce limitations, including pain
- Prescribe and demonstrate specific therapeutic exercises, monitor your progress over time, and adjust your treatment according to your needs and preferences
- Prepare you for independence with advice on how to manage your condition, including education on complications and prevention of a recurring problem
HOW PHYSIOTHERAPISTS TREAT
Physiotherapy treatments can include the following:
- Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, improve movement and function
- Airway clearance methods to assist people with breathing difficulties
- Skin and wound care
- Management of incontinence including pelvic floor re-education
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Work and occupational retraining and return to work planning
- Prescription, fabrication and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment
- Environmental change, focusing on removing barriers to function
CAN PHYSIOTHERAPY HELP ME?
Physiotherapists manage and prevent many physical problems caused by illness, disability and disease, sport and work-related injuries, aging, and long periods of inactivity.
Physiotherapists are skilled in the assessment and hands-on management of a broad range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory and nervous system. Here are some of the ways physiotherapy can help:
- Address physical challenges associated with pain, arthritis, repetitive strain injury etc
- Assist in management of incontinence
- Attend to sports injuries and provide advice on prevention and recurrence
- Help manage the physical complications of cancer and its treatment
- Manage and treat neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Maximize mobility for clients with neurological disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Oversee rehabilitation in the home after injury or illness
- Pre- and post-natal care and other women’s health conditions
- Provide care for children with pediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardiorespiratory conditions
- Recovery after surgery
- Treat and manage respiratory and cardiac conditions
WHY HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY WORKS BETTER?
Physiotherapy has over the years proved its effectiveness in helping patients in restoring their health and enhancing their physical strength, function and mobility. To further enhance your experience with physiotherapy, our Physiotherapists personally visit you and perform physiotherapy at home. Some of the benefits of getting physiotherapy at home include
- Enables convenience – It fits into your life, not the clinic’s schedule – For your physiotherapy appointment at a doctor’s clinic, the possible obstacles could be commute and lousy weather. Both of these can be avoided by calling over the professional for a physiotherapy session. Immediately after the procedure, you can rest and recover at your home without having to move much at the comfort of your home or office. You can choose to apply some heat, have a nice shower, or sit down with a good book right after the appointment while your body rests, which ensures maximum benefit for you.
- Patients consistently say that a barrier to sticking with their Physiotherapy treatment is trying to make appointments that suit the clinic and their busy lives. When you make an appointment with First Response it is in your spare time, not ours. The appointment is made according to the convenience of the patient, and the physiotherapist arrives at the stipulated location and time.
- Provides better-personalized care – We can see what is contributing to the problem first hand – Maybe the way you use your kitchen needs to be changed, or your home office is not properly set-up. Maybe your favourite chair is the reason, or the angle of the television set is incorrect. When the Physiotherapist enters your home they can assess your surroundings and make note of factors that are working against you. The quick and easy suggestions that follow can make all the difference to your recovery. Once you heed to their pieces of advice, you will be able to eliminate the root of your problems and prevent any further damage to yourself or someone else.
- Exercises taught exactly where you will do them – Brings about a faster healing process – Clinics are ideally set up and equipped for Physiotherapy. But what happens when you get home and you have to replicate those important exercises. Few of us have a space at home that looks anything like a clinic. Your home Physiotherapist can use what is available to you and teach you how to do your exercises in the environment that you need to do them. An experienced home Physiotherapist will work wonders with the furniture and environment you have so that your program is easy to follow and maximally effective.
- No mobility issues – No commute – rest and recover after treatment – There is nothing worse than feeling great after a good therapy session and having it all undone while you fight traffic or crowds to get home. Imagine being able to rest and recover in the comfort of your home. Maybe you will apply some heat and sit with a good book while your body does what it should ensure maximum benefit.
- Better time management
- Cost effective – Good value for Money – There are several factors that determine physiotherapy cost like the duration of the session, criticality of the problem and type of physiotherapy offered. At the initial assessment visit by our Physiotherapist, there is an evaluation done on the number of physiotherapist sessions required and treatment plan and a quotation provided to the client. Physiotherapy at home has been found to provide a good value for money compared to getting hospitalized for physical therapy or commuting to a Physiotherapy center.
- Family support and supervision – Make it a family affair – Need help with your therapy. It can be difficult to explain to a loved one what to do after you get home from the clinic. When your Physiotherapist makes a house call you can easily involve that critical helper, ensuring that they are trained by the expert!
There are countless more reasons to have Physiotherapy brought to you. Most of the patients who have depended upon home visiting physiotherapy experts have never looked back, and lead a pain-free life. . Book an appointment and start recovering the right way!
HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY IN DUBAI BY FIRST RESPONSE – IMPACT ON PATIENT EXPERIENCE AND COMMUNITY
Home-based physiotherapy increases independence, teaches self-management and promotes empowerment.
- Our Home-based services with regular visits from health care professionals, consistent monitoring and follow-up ensure continuity of care in the community.
- Patient satisfaction is high for home-based physiotherapy program
- Home-based physiotherapy enables patients to live in the community longer and more safely
Home-based physiotherapy programs for patients with balance and mobility problems, improve functional abilities and quality of life
- Implementation of a home-based muscle strengthening and balance retraining program decreases the rate and risk of falls in seniors living in the community
- Physiotherapy interventions focused on functional improvements reduce mortality rates
- Home-based physiotherapy services reduce health care costs by keeping people independent in their homes, preventing falls and providing a safe environment within the home.
- Home-based physiotherapy improves physical and social function and Quality of Life.
WHAT IS FIRST RESPONSE’S HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY PROGRAM
Our Home-based physiotherapy program provides assessment and treatments to Dubai Residents in their homes for many conditions, including, stroke, heart failure, Parkinson’s disease, and recovery from hip-replacement surgery. Home-based physiotherapy improves overall physical wellbeing, enhances social functioning, ensures routine monitoring of isolated clients, and reduces the rate of re-hospitalization and future health care service utilization.
Our Home-based physiotherapy program help ensures continuity of care and facilitate the transition from hospital to home. Our home physiotherapy program is tailored according to patient’s specific needs and includes the following:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
We have built an energetic team of licensed physical therapists that provide comprehensive physiotherapy assessments and treatments in the comfort and convenience of your Home, Hotel or Office
If you or a loved one are in pain, have difficulties getting out of the house, work long hours, have young children or have no form of transport, these problems are overcome by one of our mobile physiotherapists coming to a place that suits you.
WHEN DO YOU NEED A PHYSIOTHERAPIST FROM US ?
Call it the bane of modern lifestyle but knee pain, back pain, neck strain have become a part and parcel of life. When a certain type of pain does not subdue over a period of time and you experience it after doing a particular movement, then it is better advised to see a physiotherapist. You can also take benefit of our home physiotherapy service for a convenient treatment.
Physiotherapy has a wide range of specialties and people can take physiotherapy for any of the following medical issues: Neurological issues, Neuromusculoskeletal, Cardiovascular and Respiratory.
Back Pain – A sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, and daily travel can cause persistent back pain. You no longer need to live with that pain and lead a restrictive life. Just get in touch with us and allow us to relieve you of your pain with the help of a qualified and well-trained physiotherapist, at the comfort of your home.
Sports Injuries – Is any sports injury or niggles preventing you from playing your favorite game of tennis or cricket? Do you often find yourself reaching out for that pain relief sprays and medications? These sprays and painkillers don’t alleviate the symptoms. Get to the root of the problem and get rid of the nagging pain through physiotherapy at home. Within a short span of time, you can get back to playing your loved sport.
Post Surgical Rehab – If you have just undergone surgery, physiotherapy at home can help you get back to normal faster. Regain your mobility with our expert in-home physiotherapy treatment.
Paralysis – Did you know that with regular physiotherapy treatment, muscle tone can be improved making the patient as mobile as possible in paralysis.
Parkinson’s Disease – Parkinsonism is a movement disorder. Physiotherapy treatment can help the patient in gaining more mobility and independence.
Cerebral Palsy – We have developed customized treatment plans for cerebral palsy. Our physiotherapists are well trained and work towards optimizing the patient’s movement by improving the strength and flexibility of muscles.
Cardiovascular – Physiotherapy can also be used to bring relief from cardiovascular issues like chronic heart disease and rehabilitation after a heart attack.
Post Heart Attack – Physiotherapy post heart attack helps in decreasing the heart rate and blood pressure at rest and during exercise.
Respiratory – Another major field where the benefits of physiotherapy are used is in respiratory problems like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis.
Asthma – Physiotherapy helps respiratory muscle training, which reduces the onset of asthma attacks and improves a person’s breathing and physical abilities.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – Physiotherapy works as part of multidisciplinary rehabilitation program and has been seen to be an effective intervention for patients suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Pediatric Physiotherapy – Physiotherapy plays a key role in helping a child with impairment reach their potential. It seeks to promote and maintain the child’s physical, psychological and social well being.
WHAT TYPES OF PHYSIOTHERAPY DO WE SPECIALIZE IN
We provide our patients with the luxury of at-home physiotherapists. Our team of highly skilled physiotherapists have a wealth of shared expertise. Our physiotherapists are specialists in musculoskeletal therapy, neurological, respiratory, orthopaedic and geriatric physiotherapy.
Musculoskeletal therapy covers a wide range of conditions affecting joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments of the limbs, neck and back.
Neurological physiotherapy treats all neurological conditions, including stroke, Parkinson’s, MS, brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Physiotherapy for patients with neurological conditions can improve symptoms such as poor mobility, loss of balance, loss of limb function, pain and muscle spasticity.
Respiratory physiotherapy can treat both short-term and long-term breathing conditions such as pneumonia, chest infections, asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and cystic fibrosis.
Orthopaedic physiotherapy provides treatment and rehabilitation for patients who have suffered bone fracture, or have had surgery on a bone or joint. This helps to restore the affected areas back to their usual function.
Geriatric or elderly care physiotherapy helps the older population improve their mobility and function. Its important for falls prevention and we can design bespoke programmes for each patient to help improve balance, coordination, mobility and general function.
Common conditions we can help with include:
- Broken Bones
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Vertigo (Vestibular rehab)
- Sudden Onset of Back Pain
Common older adult conditions we treat include:
- Hip fracture
- Joint replacement
- Frequent falls
- Mobility loss due to dementia/Alzheimer’s
- Palliative conditions
- General weakness post hospitalization or surgery
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A PHYSIOTHERAPY SESSION AT HOME?
The physiotherapist will come to your home, office or any other location that is convenient to you !
Here is a brief summary for you to understand what will happen in your Physiotherapy session at your Home or Office
- Our Physiotherapist will need to ask you questions about your health history and current problem or injury. You can expect this to take 10 to 20 minutes.
- As Physiotherapists are licensed-health care professionals and are legally required to take real-time notes for medical-legal purposes, the physiotherapist will be recording the information provided by you in a Physiotherapy assessment form during your session.
- Please have ready your doctor’s referral note, diagnostic imaging reports or your list of medications handy.
- Our Physiotherapist may need about 4 x 8 feet of space to set up the portable bed to provide a thorough assessment.
- Our Physiotherapist will need to put their hands on you. It is a good idea to wear shorts or a sleeveless top to provide the best assessment and treatment possible.
- After the evaluation and assessment, physiotherapist will devise a treatment plan unique to every patient as every individual responds differently to treatments.
- Our Physiotherapist will likely prescribe home exercises and make recommendations for making you feel better. It will be important for you to follow this advice for achieving the optimal outcome.
- The assessment session will last approximately 1 hour. Treatment sessions are 45 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Please note that the time required to conduct requested or necessary communication to doctors, family members or third parties will be included in your 1-hour session time.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A PHYSIOTHERAPY SESSION AT HOME?
In-home Physiotherapy sessions are designed to help the patient recover faster whether it is a one-time injury or a chronic illness.
Here are a few tips to ensure you make the most of your session at home
- Select a spacious and good spot in your house, which is well ventilated, well lit and is free from any clutter, as the physiotherapist might bring some small exercise equipments for your session.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Ensure you do not wear clothing which impedes your movement as your physiotherapist will need to evaluate your joint stability and movement
- Speak to our Physiotherapist on what exactly are your areas of pain and what level of function you would like to achieve through your sessions
- Provide our physiotherapist with information such as how the pain started; what is the nature of pain and for how long you have been facing the problem.
- Be attentive to the exercises shown by our physiotherapist and ask questions if you are unsure about anything. And also be diligent with your exercises to see desired results.
OUR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS CARE ABOUT YOUR GOALS!
Your physiotherapy treatment plan will be as unique and individual as you are, and your active participation will be essential for success. Our physiotherapist will develop your treatment plan in close consultation with you and adjust it during the course of therapy in keeping with your goals and personal circumstances. Depending on your needs, our physiotherapist may draw upon a number of practice skills, such as:
- Corrective techniques to improve heart and lung function and cardiac monitoring
- Electrical modalities
- Manual therapy interventions to reduce pain and stiffness
- Posture and gait retraining and individualized conditioning regimes
- Techniques to correct muscle imbalances and postural alignment
- Techniques to improve movement coordination and balance
- Techniques and modalities that reduce pain
- Therapeutic exercise to build strength, flexibility and mobility
WHY DO PHYSIOTHERAPY EXERCISES?
Physiotherapy exercises have been proven to be a beneficial way to help treat and prevent injuries and pain related to varied diseases.
Physiotherapists are trained medical professionals who utilizes these exercises to strengthen muscles and enhance function. They assess an individual’s problems and then recommend the best set of physiotherapy exercises for rapid relief. These exercises range from single to high-level postures which help repair the body and restore full bodily function.
Just like in the case of medication, you only benefit if you take the medicines as prescribed by a doctor; similarly you can expect any benefit from physiotherapy if you diligently follow up with the recommended exercises.
Physiotherapy also helps to restore a balanced emotional mental state which is crucial for holistic treatment.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY PHYSIOTHERAPY IS WORKING ?
The goals you establish with our physiotherapist are used to measure your progress. Our Physiotherapist will be able to explain what aspect of your condition will be addressed first and how your treatment will progress. Throughout treatment, the physiotherapist will pay close attention to improvements in your symptoms and functionality, and remain attentive to your assessment of progress.
Some of the milestones you can use to evaluate your progress include:
- Ability to return to work, sports and other daily activities
- Distance you are able to walk, run, swim etc
- How much you can lift or carry e.g groceries, weights
- Increased motion and/or strength
- Improved endurance
- Length of time you are pain free and decreased pain intensity
- Overall improvement in quality of life
PHYSIOTHERAPY – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUICK QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY? Physiotherapy is the primary health care specialty that promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. It is a form of treatment that restores the maximum capacity of an individual after an injury through education, equipment and exercises. Also known as physical therapy, it helps people deal with, or recover from, back pain and injuries, as well as in the management of long-term, persisting medical conditions, such as asthma. It also helps to maintain the overall health of an individual with patients of all ages and to manage pain and prevent further injury.
- WHAT DOES A PHYSIOTHERAPIST DO? Physiotherapists help improve and maintain the health of people of all ages. They provide professional assistance to patients in managing pain and preventing diseases. They aim to restore movement and function in patients who are afflicted with an injury, disability, or illness. They do this through a combination of exercise, manual therapy, education and patient advice.
- WHAT IS HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY? Home physiotherapy provides physiotherapy treatment in the comfort of your home without the need to travel.
- IS YOUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST LICENSED? Yes. Our physiotherapist are experienced and licensed therapists by Dubai Healthcare Authority.
- DO I NEED A REFERRAL FROM A DOCTOR? Yes. You do need a doctor’s referral to see our physiotherapist. Insurance companies also would require a doctor’s referral before they will reimburse cost.
- WILL MY INSURANCE COVER HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT? Most of the insurances cover physiotherapy services. You need to contact your insurance provider and get information if you can reimburse Physiotherapy treatment cost and what documentation is required.
- HOW CAN I REIMBURSE MY PHYSIOTHERAPY BILL COST? First Response does cash billing for Physiotherapy services to the patient and we do not do direct billing with insurances. The responsibility to obtain treatment cost reimbursement is not taken by First Response. Insurance companies require mostly the following documents; Reimbursement form signed and stamped by your treating physician, a copy of your insurance membership card, medical report and invoice of the physiotherapy treatment. You might need to contact your insurance provider in case additional documents are needed. First Response shall provide all necessary documentation you require to submit for reimbursement of your treatment.
- WILL I BE GIVEN EXERCISE ON THE FIRST TREATMENT SESSION ? In acute cases where inflammation or severe pain is present, the main goal is to suppress these symptoms first before any exercise program will be given. Based from the response of the patient, exercise program will be introduced gradually on the treatment plan with slow and careful progression.
- DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL EQUIPMENT TO AVAIL HOME CARE PHYSIOTHERAPY? You do not need to have any special equipment to avail our services. Our Physiotherapy expert will bring along all the necessary equipment for you. We want to give you a hassle-free experience for your physiotherapy from First Response.
- WHAT WILL BE THE DURATION OF EACH PHYSIOTHERAPY SESSION? Each physiotherapy session would take a minimum of 45 minutes to maximum of 60 minutes.
FIRST RESPONSE BRINGS LUXURY OF AT HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY TO DUBAI
First Response Physio-On-Call team is comprised of highly trained, qualified and licensed physiotherapists who are fully equipped with portable equipment and provide to you physiotherapy at home required after assessment of your condition. Are you suffering the side-effects of injury, illness or disability and want to alleviate the pain and improve how you feel? We can help you feel better with our mobile physiotherapy at home service.
Using our Physio-On-Call services you can get a Physiotherapist on demand to visit you and assist you to relieve injury and to achieve improved mobility, increased strength and your highest level of functioning independently. Our Physio-On-Call Services are designed so you get personalized and effective physiotherapy at home services delivered to you in the comfort of your own home suited to your schedule, needs and lifestyle. This removes the inconvenience of traveling to a clinic and not being able to be seen at a time that suits you.
With our affordable and accountable home services, say goodbye to all your worries and hassles of physiotherapy treatment. Our physiotherapists heal patients in the comfort of their homes. They assess, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan which varies depending on the patient’s needs.
All our Physiotherapists are licensed by the Dubai Health Authority and have good clinical experience.
With the availability of physiotherapists at home, you no longer need to stress yourself about visiting a clinic or hospital and aggravate the injury. Call us to book an appointment and you will get the best-trained physiotherapists to help you in getting your normal life back as soon as possible.
To arrange a First Response Physiotherapist on Demand to you – Call us at 0 50 50 50 387 or Click Here to Book Online
- Appointments from 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 p.m., every day
- No home equipment needed. We bring everything to you
- Licensed, Expert Physiotherapists For Your Condition